Zirconium Crowns in Turkey
Dentistry has been using denture techniques for many years and they make it possible to restore teeth that have been destroyed or lost. Various types of prosthetic constructions are used to restore all the functions of the teeth and for aesthetic reasons. Zirconium crowns are by far the most popular prosthetic option in Turkey.
Types of Crowns
local or local with sedation
What are Zirconium Crowns for dentures?
Zirconium crowns in Turkey are prosthetic constructions for teeth that are made from a unique material – zirconium dioxide. The material is made from zirconium which is bright white colour and has an unusually high strength. This is called zirconium dioxide.
Zirconia dentures are not created by hand, but with the help of high-precision computer equipment – this is the latest generation technology. The dental laboratory at MedicaSmile clinic in Turkey has its own equipment, allowing the work to be done quickly and to the highest quality possible.
Zirconium Dental Crowns: Pros and Cons
Like any material or method of dental prosthetics, this type of crown for teeth also has its pros and cons. The advantages of these dental crowns:
- Strength. Unlike porcelain and metal, zirconium dentures are almost 30 times stronger. For this reason, they can be installed on all teeth.
- Hypoallergenic. Zirconium is one of the most hypoallergenic and biocompatible materials. They have similar chemical and physical properties to bone tissue. To date, there has not been a single case of rejection by the body after the placement of crowns on the teeth as opposed to metal.
- Minimal thermal conductivity. Thus, no discomfort in the case of hypersensitive teeth.
- Attractive appearance. Due to the translucency effect, the colour of the dentures perfectly matches the natural enamel of the teeth, so the zirconium denture looks perfect. They do not change their colour depending on the light, and they also resist food colours. Unlike metal and porcelain, zirconium dentures do not oxidise or darken.
- Minimum thickness. Due to the small thickness of the dentures – no more than 0,4 mm (whereas metal dentures are 2 mm thick), the teeth will only need to be sharpened slightly. This minimises the risk of inflammation.
- Perfect fit. Crowns in MedicaSmile dental clinic in Turkey are made according to an innovative technology, which enables you to copy the shape of your teeth exactly. The gap between the teeth and dentures is minimal.
If you try to search online for “zirconium dentures cons”, you are unlikely to find information because over a long period of use of this type of crown, no disadvantages have been found in the design or material, unlike metal and porcelain. The only disadvantage that does not affect the health of the patient is the difficulty of fabrication, as expensive and innovative equipment is required.
How Zirconium Crowns are made?
The production of porcelain, metal, and zirconia dentures is a complex and multi-step process that uses specialised and high-precision equipment. The scheme for the production of zirconium, metal, and porcelain dentures at the clinic MedicaSmile in Turkey is as follows:
- A virtual model is made from impressions of the patient’s teeth.
- Based on the finished model, a framework for the future crown is made out of zirconium dioxide blocks. The framework is milled from a monolithic block of material using a special milling machine.
- As mentioned above, all the equipment used in the manufacturing of zirconium crowns for teeth is highly accurate, so the final restorations are made with high quality and anatomic fit.
- The finished framework is subject to shrinkage due to pressure and heat.
- The zirconium framework is coated with a ceramic veneer, which is applied to the crown in layers.
- Each veneer layer is baked to obtain strength and durability between the zirconium framework and the ceramic coating.
The final step in the production of zirconium crowns is grinding and polishing the finished product to give it a maximum resemblance to natural teeth.
Zirconium dentures can also be made without ceramic veneers, but these are not suitable for teeth that are in the smile area. Zirconium units have a milky white colour – natural tooth enamel with the same shade is very rare.
How are Zirconium Crowns different from Porcelain and Metal Dentures?
Teeth restorations with porcelain dentures have advantages and disadvantages. Thanks to the structure of porcelain, crowns are as close in appearance to natural teeth as possible, as porcelain conveys transparency. The aesthetic of porcelain teeth is long-lasting. Porcelain teeth also do not tarnish or darken when exposed to fruit juices, tea, or coffee. However, dentists at the MedicaSmile dental clinic in Turkey warn that it is impossible to make bridges out of porcelain crowns. Only single dentures are made from porcelain. Therefore, porcelain is not suitable if you are missing many teeth. Unlike porcelain, zirconium is suitable for both single crowns and bridges.
The main difference between zirconium and metal dentures is the framework, which is the basis of prosthetic restoration. The zirconium counterpart has no alloys, is fully biocompatible, and does not have a black border near the gingiva over time. It is suitable for up to 25 years and more. Metal dentures have a framework made of alloys, which can be translucent, and there is a risk of chipping the ceramic layer. They last for 10-12 years.
Dental Crowns installation
Like any other dental treatment, porcelain, metal, and zirconia dentures cannot be made by chance. There must be a certain medical reason for it.
Indications for Dental Crowns
Artificial porcelain, metal, and zirconia dentures are installed in place of the damaged part of the teeth. The procedure is performed for the following indications:
- more than 70% of the natural teeth crown is destroyed;
- other correction methods cannot be used;
- there are large cracks or chips on the enamel of the teeth;
- a fracture of the natural teeth crown was diagnosed;
- high level of abrasion of tooth enamel in a patient.
Temporary dentures are applied for the duration of dental treatment. They allow for maintaining an aesthetic appearance and a beautiful smile.
How are Zirconium Crowns installed?
Zirconium and porcelain crowns begin with an examination and diagnosis in order to exclude any possible contraindications to the use of dentures. Further treatment will be provided according to the following scheme:
- A dental prosthetics plan is drawn up with an exact cost of the service.
- Preparation for the treatment of zirconium dentures is performed, which includes the treatment of caries and other dental diseases that have been diagnosed and oral hygiene.
- Preparation of teeth for zirconium dentures is performed. This procedure may be uncomfortable for the patient, so local anaesthesia is applied prior to the treatment;
- The tooth enamel is reduced to the required thickness using a bur.
- The doctor takes an impression of the prepared teeth and sends it to a lab where the zirconium denture is made.
- The prepared teeth are very vulnerable to external influences and bacteria, and a temporary crown made of plastic is placed on it.
The next visit is a fitting of the zirconium crown. If necessary, the treatment is adapted according to the results of the fitting. The final stage of treatment is the permanent fixation of the crown on the supporting tooth.
Do i need special care for my Zirconium Crowns?
Zirconium crowns do not require specialised and complicated care. Regular cleaning with a suitable instrument, brushing, and flossing is sufficient for proper cleaning of interdental spaces and there are no problems with the zirconium crown.
It will also be useful to get in the habit of rinsing your oral cavity at least with plain water after meals and to visit the dental clinic regularly for preventive dental check-ups and professional oral hygiene.
When getting zirconium crowns, it is a good idea to avoid the habit of biting hard foods like seeds or nuts. This habit can cause chipping of the ceramic layer and the crown will need to be resurfaced.
Where can i have Zirconia Dentures installed?
The result and the patient’s oral health depend on the professionalism of the dentist and the quality of materials used. Dentists at the MedicaSmile clinic in Turkey have extensive experience, the best equipment, and a large selection of quality dental crowns. The important thing is to go for a check-up on time and the dentist will find the best treatment plan for you.
ONLINE CONSULTATION AND APPOINTMENTS
We are always in touch with our clients. You can contact us by filling out the form on the website, by email or by calling the phone number indicated on our website. We will be happy to answer all your questions and, please, choose a convenient date and time to visit us.
Our clinic is a guarantee of your ideal smile!
GET FREE QUOTE
Book a complimentary appointment by visiting or calling us!
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Fill in the form to get detailed information